The Sandwich Garden Club is a partner and advocate in our community. Our members provide services to the town in a number of ways.
Maintenance of Historic Sign Gardens
- Each of five sign locations has volunteer(s) that will tend the area throughout the year.
- The team refreshes and replants the sign areas each spring and fall. They also water the gardens throughout the stressful summer.
- Signs the club have “adopted” are:
Glasstown District (Brown), Entering Town Hall Square Route 6A & Main Street 2 signs
Entering Town Hall Square, On Tupper Road at Santander Bank
Entering Town Hall Square, Going north down the road a bit from the new Sandwich Chamber of Commerce location
Entering Jarvesville, near Heart of Stone
- Spring and fall maintenance of gardens at Mill Creek Park and Oak Crest Cove Lodge. Weeding, raking, mulching, pruning and planting as needed.
Decorations at Town Hall
- Each winter club members decorate the auditorium at Town Hall. We bring trees, ornaments and wreaths to add a festive flair to the space.
Flower Arrangements for Shutins
- Each year the club creates mini-bouquets that deliver some sunshine to Cape -Heritage
- Over the years the club has planted no less than 10,000 bulbs around town. There was a big planting push for the 375th celebration. It was delightful.